Health Savings Account
A Health Savings Account is an account that can receive contributions on a tax favored basis
on behalf of an eligible individual and allows tax free distributions used to pay for qualified
- $50 minimum to open account
- Interest paid on all balances greater than $1.00
- $7.50 per month fee if minimum balance falls below $1,500
- HSA Visa Debit Card
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- eStatement with check images required
- $1 - $24,999
- $25,000 - $49,999
- $50,000 and greater
Save for medical expenses with an HSA
With this account, you can make tax deductible contributions and use the funds to pay for
medical expenses for you, your spouse and your dependents. Covered medical expenses
include prescriptions, doctor visits, dental and vision expenses.
With a Health Savings account, you can deposit funds into an interest bearing account, and
deduct the contributions on your tax return. There is no deadline for when you have to
spend the money. You can roll over the funds each year and use them when you need them.
To qualify for an HSA, you:
- Must be covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on a federal tax return
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare
- May not exceed these annual contribution limits:
- Self: $3,300; for those 55 and older: $4,300
- Family: $6,550; for those 55 and older: $7,550
If HSA funds are used for any purpose other than a qualified medical expense, those
funds are taxable, and will be penalized an additional 10 percent. The HSA Visa
Debit Card will not be approved for transactions in restaurants, bars, hotels, or
gambling venues. The card also may not be used for cash withdrawals at the ATM.
Contact a New Accounts Representative for additional information.
The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on the account daily. Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly on the daily collected balance. If the account is closed before the interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest.