Chip Gilmour's Five Takeaways from June Economic Index
- We’ve had five years of growth and expansion in Lubbock.
- A sign of that growth is the monthly Index surged to a record high of 146.6 in June … up from 146.1 in May and breaking the old record of 146.3 in April.
- Construction continues to boom and is extremely healthy – especially when compared to what’s going on in other West Texas communities more impacted by the oil and gas industry.
- How steady and stable the Lubbock economy continues to be.
- And a big part of that is how diversified the Lubbock economy has become over the years – agriculture, education, health care, service, retail. The diversity helps guard against boom and bust scenarios.
Lubbock National Bank Senior Vice President Chip Gilmour briefs local media each month on the report.